Sketching Happiness is about building a better life, one small step at a time. It is about accomplishing more with less effort. It is about building the life you always wanted, NOT the life you feel like you “ought” to have. It is about living your best life and being your best self.
Who I Am
My name is Tricia Rubert-Nason. I live in Madison, Wisconsin with my husband and two wonderful little boys. I juggle being a mom, working and blogging.
- We all deserve to live deeply satisfying lives.
- Our time is limited. It is up to us to use it well.
- How we approach our lives is as important as what happens in our lives.
- We have choices. It is up to us what we do with them.
- To make our best choices, we deserve information based on real research, not just unsupported opinion.
- Information is not enough. We need to take action.
What you’ll find here
I write about attitude, habits, goals, social skills and how to build a better life, all illustrated with stick figures.
Why stick figures, you ask?
- Stick figures are fun!
- Stripping things down to the essentials helps focus on what is most important.
- Drawing improves my writing by forcing me to make things concrete and visual.
- Stick figures are what I can draw. 😉
How I got here
I am incredibly lucky and have built a life that I truly enjoy, but I am still striving and struggling as well.
I have had the privilege to stay at home with each of my boys for their first year. I love spending time with them, seeing their milestones, and their everyday successes and challenges. I treasure the time I have had at home and am not willing to give up being an engaged parent. Still, I want to be a part of the bigger world as well. Yet working full time leaves me feeling overwhelmed and like there is never enough time for my family. Balancing the personal and the professional is a core struggle for me at this point in my life.
- How can I be the kind of parent I want to be and still do interesting, challenging work that makes a difference in the world?
- How can I find time for myself and to nurture my marriage?
- How can I revive my neglected friendships and make new friends when it feels like I have no time?
- How can I make the most of this one precious life I have to live?
I’m digging into the research to try and find the answers. I’m not an expert. But I am working to build the life that I want and sharing what I learn along the way.
Come join me on the journey!